Connect to Support Hillingdon
Please review and correct the information below.



If you are having problems getting up and down stairs, getting in and out of your home, accessing your bath or shower and generally moving around we may be able to help you by adapting your home environment.

An assessment of your function will be carried out by a specialist, such as an Occupational Therapist (OT) or other health professional. They will make recommendations as to which pieces of equipment or adaptations could help you. 

It may be that an adaptation to your home, such as a ramp, level access shower or widening doorways to allow wheelchair access will enable you to remain living there independently. 

Please phone Hillingdon Social Care Direct to request an assessment or read more about simple equipment that may help you stay independent.

Disabled facilities grant

You may be eligible for a grant from the council if you’re disabled and need to make changes to your home to increase your independence. 

Read more about the eligibility for this grant and to apply online.

Last reviewed: 16/07/2018

Useful links


While every care has been taken in the compilation of the information on this website, neither Hillingdon Council or PCG Care Solutions will be held responsible for any loss, damage or inconvenience caused as a result of using the site and any inaccuracies/errors within these pages.

If you choose to purchase services via the Marketplace, you are advised to refer to the Buyers Guide prior to making a purchase, as well as making your own enquiries and seeking independent advice. This is applicable to Adult services only, as there is no Marketplace for Children's services.