Connect to Support Hillingdon
Please review and correct the information below.

What is the Local Offer?


Purpose of the SEND Local Offer

The purpose of the local offer is to enable parents and young people to see more clearly what services are available in their area and how to access them. Knowing what is available and how it is accessed gives more choice and control over what support is right for your child. Parents need to know how to access provision: whether through a statement (or an Education, Health and Care Plan) or not.

The offer includes provision from birth to 25, across education, health and social care and has been developed in conjunction with children and young people, parents and carers, and local services, including schools, colleges, health and social care agencies.

Understanding the SEND Local Offer

What areas does the SEND Local Offer cover?

The local offer provides information on a number of things, including:

What other information is provided in the SEND Local Offer?

The Local Offer will also include:

The Local Offer will also include details of services provided outside of its area for the children and young people for whom it is responsible, regardless of whether or not they have Education, Health and Care Plans.

Development of the SEND Local Offer

How has the SEND Local Offer been developed?

The local authority has worked together with:

  • children and young people
  • parent / carers; and
  • local services, including the voluntary and community sector, to develop their offer and keep it under review

Access the SEND Local Offer

How can people benefit from the SEND Local Offer if they do not have access to the internet?

If you do not have access to the Internet, you can access the information in the Local Offer by e-mailing fis@hillingdon.gov.uk or phone the Families' Information Service on 01895 556489.

How can you make a complaint about the SEND Local Offer?

If you need to complain about the Local Offer, please go to the council website. If the complaint is about a service not run by the council, you would need to follow that service's complaints procedure.

SEND Local Offers in neighbouring local authorities

How do I access the Local Offer in neighbouring local authorities?

Links to neighbouring local authorities Local Offers can be found on the following websites:

Last reviewed: 07/09/2017

While every care has been taken in the compilation of the information on this website, neither Hillingdon Council or PCG Care Solutions will be held responsible for any loss, damage or inconvenience caused as a result of using the site and any inaccuracies/errors within these pages.

If you choose to purchase services via the Marketplace, you are advised to refer to the Buyers Guide prior to making a purchase, as well as making your own enquiries and seeking independent advice. This is applicable to Adult services only, as there is no Marketplace for Children's services.