Connect to Support Hillingdon
Please review and correct the information below.

If you have problems completing daily living activities safely and independently there are many different types of specially designed equipment to make looking after yourself simpler. Being able to move about your home safely will help you maintain your wellbeing and enable you to stay living independently in your own home.

Simple equipment

Small pieces of equipment such as perching stools and raised toilet seats can make daily living tasks much easier to manage.

Read more about the support available at the Disabled Living Foundation (DLF). DLF is a national charity providing independent advice on mobility aids, disability aids and daily living equipment.

Use the self assessment tools available - Ask Sara and Living Made Easy to see if you would benefit from equipment.

If you are still uncertain as to what equipment would make life easier for you contact Hillingdon Social Care Direct to request an assessment or complete one online. You may be entitled to assessment from our occupational therapy team. If you are eligible for support you will be given a prescription that can be redeemed in a range of accredited retailers across the borough or we may provide equipment on loan.

Complex equipment and adaptations

You may be assessed as requiring complex equipment or an adaptation to your home such as a stair lift, ramp etc see our Adaptations page.

Last reviewed: 14/10/2016

Useful links:

While every care has been taken in the compilation of the information on this website, neither Hillingdon Council or PCG Care Solutions will be held responsible for any loss, damage or inconvenience caused as a result of using the site and any inaccuracies/errors within these pages.

If you choose to purchase services via the Marketplace, you are advised to refer to the Buyers Guide prior to making a purchase, as well as making your own enquiries and seeking independent advice. This is applicable to Adult services only, as there is no Marketplace for Children's services.